What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Card details for payment are not stored on our web server. These are handled securely by our third party payment gateway.
What we do with the information we gatherWe require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Card payment details are destroyed once payment has been taken.
Cookies we use on our websiteCookies are small files that are placed on your computer that either collect data or are used to improve your user experience when using our website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The cookies that we use are in two groups; the first group are strictly necessary cookies that allow you to interact with our site; such as providing consent, creating accounts and placing orders. The second group are cookies used by Google Analytics which provides us with anonymous traffic data. Below is a list of all the cookies our website uses:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- gdpr (Expiry 1 year): Provides users with our GDPR consent options.
- woocommerce_cart_hash & woocommerce_items_in_cart: Stores user basket information and updates when the data changes have been made.
- wp_woocommerce_session_: Generates a unique code for each user ID so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Google Analytics Cookies
- _ga & _gid (Expiry 2 years): Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.
- _gat (Expiry 1 minute): Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- __utma (Expiry 2 years): Stores the amount of visits (for each visitor), the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit.
- __utmb (Expiry 30 minutes): Used to determine approximately when a new session starts
- __utmc (Expiry N/A): Used to determine approximately when a session ends.
- __utmz (Expiry 6 months): Stores the traffic source that explains how users reached this site.